Announcing EMIT r3, the third release of a Quartz Composer Library by Rybotron designed to make creating complex, dynamic, and reactive visuals easier in Quartz Composer.
There are almost double the patches from release 2: a Connections patch that mimics Plexus in After Effects, a Momentary Fire patch to trigger animations on the fly, an audio accelerated BPM patch time for Resolume, as well as new structure, iterator, color, number, and vector tools.
Have fun, make cool shit, and please share what you create!
Download the library here: http://bit.ly/emit-github
See the new changes here: http://bit.ly/emit-changelog
IniTree Pro 0.2.3 is now available to download for free
Updated features include
* Better 3D branches rendering.
* Added texturing with alpha support.
* Customize your tree with lines, points and polygons with much more freedom.
* Improved elements color management.
* Asymmetric tree branches.
* Better “incomplete tree” customization.
* Better quick-start guide.
* And A LOT MORE!
It should work without problems on OSX 10.8+, but I tested it only on 10.9.4.
Along with 32/64bit version of the plugin, you’ll also find a short PDF in the download folder with a guide of how to use it.
Other features include
Vertices are calculated every time you change the number of branches, of levels, or the tree opening. It is possible to customize the aspect of the tree in several ways:
- Size Matter, Colour Too. The lines / points / 3D elements of the tree (leaves or 3D branches) width, as well as their colors, can be constant or shrink their size according to their depth (which gives you a better perception of the tree in the 3D world).
- A lot of elements to play with. You can draw the tree using a variety of elements: lines, for a wireframe style; points, for enhance the connections between branches; polygons, to perk up the tree with elegance objects; 3D branches, to have a more robust look and feel; 3D leaves, to add realism. All these elements are personalizable in terms of size and colors.
- Grow up or shrink down You can change in real time the number of branches and the depth of the tree. You will see your tree grow up, shrink down, or expand up to a huge number of vertices and polygons. A smooth animation allows the tree changes to be more realistic and nice to see. Changing the opening value of the tree will result in a very elegant opening-flower-like animation.
- Also the proportion matter. The proportion between different branch levels length can be modified, allowing you to give more importance to the begin or the end of the tree.
- Complete and symetrical, or incomplete and chaotic. Decide if you want a complete n-ary tree or if some branches will not continue to grow. Branches can be uniformly distant between each others, or can be randomly arranged.
- Texturize your world. Now you can apply a texture on tree branches, as well as on leaves.
- To be vain you need a mirror. You can also choose to draw a mirror-copy of the tree, rotated by 180 degrees. So you can double the fun.
All these possibilities of customization resulting in a huge variety of different tree-styles. You will get a hi-tech style, a style inspired by nature, pure fantasy, with strong contrast, elegant, symmetrical, minimal, rich in detail.
Vertices are sent to the GPU using “immediate mode”: in later versions a VBO will be used, so to optimize the dialogue with the GPU.
The opening allows to simulate a growth of the tree, as well as the increase of the depth and ramifications for each depth level. These changes update in time the structure of the tree, in a gradual manner., Interpolating the position of the vertices via animation ease-in/ease-out.
The latest version of Quartz Composer for Yosemite is now available for download of the Apple Developer site.
All Plug-Ins except for Kineme Data Tools appear to be working fine.
For a Yosemite compatible version of Data Tools see the pinned doc on the Facebook Quartz Composer group.
Graphics Tools for Xcode – Xcode 6.1 October 16th 2014
Direct link for Kineme Data Tools for 10.10
QCGUI is a macro pack that can add user interface elements to your Quartz Composer patches that allow control your compositions.
The software requires Kineme data tools to be installed for this to work correctly. Of note for Yosemite users Data Tools needs to be compiled to work correctly for Yosemite 10.10. A working download of Data Tools for Ypsemite can be found on the Facebook Quartz Composer group.
This the first release of this software and there may be a few bugs but it appears the developer is addressing issues that need to be fixed.
Graphics Tools for Xcode – Xcode 6.1 which contains that the latest Quartz Composer 4.6 (151.1) has been released today to coincide with the release of Yosemite. Of note to Quartz Composer users is the system wide Core Image memory leak that was affecting many patches appears to be fixed. This isn’t a specific fix to Quartz Composer in particular but rather a system wide bug that was fixed and solves issues affecting Quartz Composer which means patches should as blurs should work without memory leaks. Log in with a developer account to grab the newest download compatible with Mavericks and Yosemite. https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action
A basic movie player plugin for Quartz Composer with support for GPU accelerated playback of movies using the HAP codec family.
Compatibility: OSX 10.6 or later, 32 bit only. Install: Drop the plugin to ~/Library/Graphics/Quartz Composer Plug-Ins directory, OR use our awesome QC Plugin Manager. https://github.com/lov/CoGeHapPlayer
There is lots of other great Quartz Composer Plug-Ins available from Luma Beamerz on the Github page and he also develops Coge (http://cogevj.hu/) one of the best and most integrated VjJ applications to use with Quartz Composer.
A great tutorial on learning to build abstractions with Quartz Composer